4 Simple Ways You Can Help Reduce Single-Use Plastics
Single use plastics…convenient? Yes! Polluting our Earth and creating a problem that is becoming out of control? Yes! Check out these latest statistics from EcoWatch on how plastics are affecting our environment:
- We dump the equivalent of one garbage truck into the ocean every minute. It is enough plastic to circle the Earth four time.
- Less than 9% of all plastic we use every day gets recycled.
- It’s now predicted that by 2025 there will be 8 million metric tons of plastic in our oceans, equivalent to 100 bags of plastic per foot of coastline in the world.
- And by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in our oceans.
Let that sink in…. it’s incredibly alarming! We are literally suffocating the Earth and our oceans with plastics.
Did you know the Earth cannot digest most plastics? It never goes away. Most plastics don’t completely break down and they keep accumulating, rather than decomposing, in our landfills or environment—never truly absorbed and eliminated. Instead plastics get broken down into tiny shards that get into everything around us including water, animals, and soil.
So you want to hear about the good news? You can take action today!
Everyone knows the phrase “Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.” Red Cup Living wants to add the word “REFUSE” to single use plastics. Yes…just say no!
Many states are looking at banning single use drinking cups and straws. Isn’t it time you started reducing your own use of single use plastics? However you choose to help, we suggest taking one small step and adding on as you become more aware. Here are some simple things you can do today to refuse single use plastics:
- Bring reusable bags wherever you go.
- Use only reusable water bottles.
- Find a fun reusable straw and carry it with you.
- Use reusable cups (check out our eco-consciously cool red cups).
More about Red Cup Living
We are a family run business that makes reusable red party cups. Our company stands for building community, and getting people connecting face to face to enjoy good times and great memories. All of our red party cups are:
- Reusable and dishwasher safe & FDA approved
- Non-toxic plastic made without BPA and phthalates
- An eco-consciously cool solution to single-use cups